Obstacle courses are becoming very popular in different parts of the country. Obstacle course racing requires both endurance and stamina. To prepare for this tour de force, people should train with emphasis on cardiovascular activities such as cycling or running. While heart-strengthening activities can go a long way in preparing people for high-intensity races, however, they are only a part of the equation.
Also imperative are muscle-strengthening exercises, particularly those geared to the leg muscles. Strength is required to propel your stride. Before you undertake obstacle course racing or other similarly taxing activities, make sure your training is balanced.
The following will help you improve both your endurance and stamina:
- Combine training – Instead of devoting one day of training to cardio and another day to strength, mix them up in the same workout. It will kick the exertion up a notch and help you become more well-rounded.
- Reduce rest periods – People typically give themselves from 30 to 90 seconds of rest time between workout sets. If you are aiming for greater endurance, slowly but progressively minimize the length of your rest intervals.
- Fast-paced, high-intensity lifting – Lifting weights at a rapid pace can improve your endurance and strength at the same time while supporting your metabolism.
- Use compound movements – Moves that use more than one joint will help you improve your endurance. Isolated exercises such as bicep curls are not as helpful for stamina.
- Forget routine – The body gets used to repetition in workouts. Moving your muscles in different ways will prevent plateauing and muscle overuse.
- Do hybrid exercises – When you do a squat, mix it with an overhead press. Combine different exercises in order to utilize more muscles in a single movement.
- Make your movements explosive – Explosive movements require a lot of energy that will challenge your endurance, strength, and stamina. Focus on quick, strong bursts of activity.
In addition to changing your workout, you can make yourself more competitive by taking a health supplement to boost your free testosterone levels. TestX Core contains an exclusively formulated blend of ingredients that are scientifically developed to help you reach the pinnacle of your physical potential as you train for your next big event.